Effective as of 13/12/2019
2. Key highlights of what you’re consenting to
3. The information we collect
4. How we use the information we collect
5. Sharing information
6. Your preferences
7. Transfer to other countries
11. Accessing and updating user information
13. Information about cookies, other technologies, and third-party data collection
14. Who is the “Data Controller” of your Personal Information?
15. How to get in touch with us and your right to complain to our supervisory authority?
- To explain the way we use information that you share with us in order to provide you with fantastic products and to make sure your user-experience is great.
- To ensure that you understand what information we collect, with your permission, and what we do, and do not do, with it.
- To hold us accountable for protecting your rights and your privacy under this policy.
There are two categories of information we collect: 1) Information we must have in order for you to use Donnta and our website and 2) information that we can use to provide additional products and improved experiences if you choose to share that information.
The first category includes:
- Registration information, including your name, address, and other information you provide when you create an account on our website.
- Broad, non-specific location, which we may derive from your IP address. Our licenses to deliver products and other content to you are sometimes location-specific, so we need to know what country you’re in. This also enables us to make suggestions based on your general location and can help with determining shipping fees at checkout, where applicable, or, for example, displaying the website in your country’s language.
- The products you buy and your interactions with the Service and our website. This allows us to make recommendations to you and suggest relevant content. You can choose whether or not to share this information with your friends, followers, or the public.
- Technical and sensor information necessary to operate Donnta and our website. This includes for example; the type of browser and device you use and data from the touchscreen or screen. This enables you to control Donnta and allows us to do simple things like rotate images and recommend products.
- Your specific location: We will never gather or use your specific device location without first getting your explicit permission. This information enables us to create collaborative experiences (only with others who have also given permission), and to provide even better recommendations about locally popular products or product requests.
- Your contacts: We will never scan or import your contacts unless you ask us to. If you choose to do so, we will only use your contact information to help you find friends or contacts who use Donnta.
We will be clear with you about how and when we might share information.
In some contexts, we will share certain information. For example, like most services, if you sign up for Donnta through a third party like Facebook or a mobile provider, we share some information with them and they share some information with us in order to enable your account. We may also share de-identified information with our product partners to help them understand how the goods they send to us are performing, with marketing partners who help us with promotional efforts, and with advertisers that allow us to offer a free service. There also may be times when you want us to share information. For example, when you make wishlist, you might want that wishlist to be visible to your friends… and you might not. Similarly, you can ask us to share information (like your email address) with other partners who may want to directly send you news or promotional offers, but you can also revoke that permission at any time.
2. Key highlights of what you’re consenting toBy using or interacting with the Service, you are consenting to:
- the transfer of your information outside of the country where you live;
- the public availability of your information and the controls over such information as described in Sharing information.
3. The information we collect
We may collect and store the following information:
3.1 Registration data
When you sign up for the Service, we may ask you for information such as your username, password, email address, date of birth, gender, address, postal code, and country. If you connect to the Service using credentials from a Third Party Application (e.g., Facebook), you authorise us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials. We may also collect other information available on or through your Third Party Application account, including, for example, your name, profile picture, country, hometown, email address, date of birth, gender, friends’ names and profile pictures, and networks.
You may also choose to voluntarily add other information to your profile, such as your mobile phone number and mobile service provider.
3.2 Usage, log data & cookiesWhen you use or interact with the Service, we may use a variety of technologies that collect information about how the Service is accessed and used. This information may include:
- information about your type of subscription and your interactions with the Service, such as interactions with products, categories, blogs, or other content, other website users, Third Party Applications, and advertising, products, and services which are offered, linked to, or made available on or through the Service;
- the details of the queries you make and the date and time of your request;
- User Content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use) you post to the Service including messages you send and/or receive via the Service;
- technical data, which may include URL information, cookie data, your IP address, the types of devices you are using to access or connect to the Donnta Service, unique device ID, device attributes, network connection type (e.g., WiFi, 3G, LTE, etc.) and provider, network and device performance, browser type, language, information enabling digital rights management, operating system, and Donnta application version.
- Photos and Camera: We will not access your photos or camera without first getting your explicit permission and we will never scan or import your photo library or camera roll. If you give us permission to access photos or your camera, we will only use images that you specifically choose to share with us. (You may use our application to select the photo or photos you choose to share, but we will never import the photos you review except those you explicitly share.).
- Location: We will not gather or use the specific location of your mobile device (by using, for example, GPS or Bluetooth) without first getting your explicit permission. And if you choose to share location information but later change your mind, you will always have the ability to stop sharing. Please note that this does not include IP address. We will continue to use your IP address as described in Section 3.2 above, to determine, for example, what country you are in, so as to tailor, for example, the website in your country’s language or how much to pay for shipping.
- Voice: We will not access your microphone without first getting your explicit permission. You will always have the ability to disable microphone access.
3.4 Widget dataOther websites may integrate Donnta widgets (such as the Follow Donnta Button). When you visit a site with a Donnta widget embedded, we may receive certain information, including information about the web page you visited. Donnta and the widget can recognise you, and the widget may be used to show personalised content or advertising. We know when you interact with a widget, and websites containing the widgets may receive this information.
3.5 Payment dataIf you purchase any of our products (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use), or register for one of our subscriptions, your credit or debit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that we need to process your payment may be collected and stored by us and/or the payment processors with which we work (for example Paypal, Stripe, Shopify Payments). We may also collect some limited information, such as your postal code, mobile number, and details of your transaction history, all of which are necessary to provide the Service. In addition, the payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number.
If you choose to pay by invoice, Donnta may need to collect and store additional information, like your name, date of birth, and phone number, and provide it to payment processors we work with to issue invoices, to enable credit checks and to send you invoices.
3.7 Donnta service providers and partnersWe may also receive information about you from our service providers and partners, which we use to personalise your Donnta experience, to measure ad quality and responses to ads, and to display ads that are more likely to be relevant to you. We also use this information as explained in the section "How we use the information we collect" shown below.
4. How we use the information we collectConsistent with the permissions you give us to collect the information, we may use the information we collect, including your personal information:
- to provide, personalise, and improve your experience with the Service and products, services, and advertising (including for third party products and services) made available on or outside the Service (including on other sites that you visit), for example by providing customised, personalised, or localised content, recommendations, features, and advertising on or outside of the Service;
- to ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new products and services, and analyse your use of the Service, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Service;
- to communicate with you for service-related or research purposes including via emails, notifications, text messages, or other messages, which you agree to receive;
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us (e.g., through your Donnta account settings); in the section "Your preferences" below, we inform you of the controls you can use to opt out from receiving certain messages;
- to, if you explicitly provide us your permission, use your mobile phone number to send you informational, marketing and promotional text messages using an automatic dialling system;
- to enable and promote the Service and other services or products, either within or outside the Service, including features and content of the Service and products and services made available through the Service;
- to process your payment or prevent or detect fraud;
- to provide you with features, information, advertising, or other content which is influenced by your location and your location in relation to other Donnta users; and
5. Sharing informationThis section describes how the information collected or generated through your use of the Donnta service may be shared by you or by us.
5.1 Sharing by you
5.1.1 GenerallyThe Donnta Service is a shopping service that offers ways to find, enjoy, and share our products and content. We encourage you to take advantage of these social features with others on the Service.
Your name and/or username, profile picture, who you follow, who follows you, and your Donnta user profile will always be publicly available.
Your activity on the Service (e.g., products you reviewed or liked), blog comments, your top products, your favourite ingredients, and other User Content you post, upload, and/or contribute to the Service are made publicly available by default. Your activity on the Service (e.g., what you bought, products you like) will automatically appear on the Service and will, for example, be accessible by users who follow you or view your Donnta profile. Although this information is made public by default, in "Your preferences" below, we describe the controls that you can use, along with other relevant settings associated with your Donnta account, to limit the sharing of your information.
Please remember that certain information is always publicly available, which means that it can be accessed by Third Party Applications through our APIs and developer tools. Based on your permissions, some additional information can be shared with Third Party Applications and with others through Third Party Applications. For example, you can use your settings to control whether your Donnta activity is posted to Facebook or other social media websites. Similarly, you may consent to provide Third Party Applications with access to your email address, subscription status, location, birthday, or similar information, upon their request.
We may use your public information to promote the Service and to help others find and follow you and/or your Donnta content, including through Facebook and other Third Party Applications and on websites that embed Donnta widgets. Your information may be used to notify others, including within the Service, via email, and through Facebook and Third Party Applications, about your use of the Service (e.g., that you have joined Donnta or activity related to a Donnta profile, such as adding or removing products from a wishlist).
With your explicit permission, we may notify other users of your location. Likewise, with other Donnta users’ explicit permission, we may notify you about their whereabouts. We may offer you the ability to share this information to create shared experiences.
Learn more about how to manage notifications, your publicly available information, and what you share with others in "Your preferences" below.
5.1.2 Third Party ApplicationsIf you connect your Donnta account to a Third Party Application, Donnta may automatically share your activity and activity-related stories with that service, including the content you consume. You understand and agree that such information may be attributed to your account on the Third Party Application and may be published on such service. Although this information may be automatically shared by default, we inform you of the controls that you can use to limit the sharing of this information in the section "Your preferences" below. The Third Party Application may also provide similar controls.
If you log into a Third Party Application with your Donnta account, that Third Party Application may have access to certain information such as your wishlist, purchased products, and activity. With your explicit permission, we may also share additional information such as your email address, subscription status, or location with such Third Party Applications.
Donnta also enables you to share a particular item of content or a product you have purchased, on an individual basis, to Third Party Applications, other third party services, other Donnta users, and others. Please note that if you share content to a Third Party Application or a third party service, it will be viewable by others within the Donnta Service, regardless of your Donnta account settings.
5.2 Sharing by Donnta
5.2.1 Marketing, remarketing and advertisingWe may share information with advertising partners in order to send you promotional communications about Donnta or to show you more tailored content, including relevant advertising for products and services that may be of interest to you, and to understand how users interact with advertisements. The information we share is in a de-identified format (for example, through the use of hashing) that does not personally identify you.
Please see the section "Information about cookies, other technologies, and third-party data collection" below for information about the cookies and other technologies that we and third parties use to serve you more relevant ads and to serve you your options.
5.2.4 Certain Donnta partnersIf you access the Donnta Service through an offer that you received or purchased from a third party such as an online magazine subscription, we may also share information with that third party about your use of the Donnta Service, such as whether and to what extent you have used the offer, activated a Donnta account, or actively used the Service.
5.2.5 Other sharingIn addition to the above, we may also share your information with third parties for these limited purposes:
- to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- to respond to legal process (e.g., a court order or subpoena), if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so; to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law; to protect the safety of any person; to protect the rights and property of Donnta, including to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use and any other terms that you have agreed to; and to address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- to academic researchers for purposes including statistical analysis and academic study, but only in a de-identified format;
- to publish de-identified or aggregate information about the use of the Donnta Service; and
6. Your preferencesWe provide you with settings to allow you to choose which communications you receive from us, manage your public information, and set your sharing preferences. However, as explained in the section Sharing by you, certain information may always be publicly available to others and other information is made publicly available to others by default. And if you share information to a Third Party Application, that information is viewable on Donnta, regardless of how you set your privacy settings.
Information that is publicly available, such as products, may be used, re-shared, or linked to by others on the Service or across the web, so please use Donnta carefully and be mindful of your private information. Also keep in mind that information added to your profile may include personal information, such as username, which could enable other persons to find you within the Donnta Service or other services.
8. LinksWe may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal information.
9. SecurityWe are committed to protecting our users’ information. Your password protects your user account, so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the Donnta Service. While we take data protection precautions, no security measures are completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information.
10. ChildrenThe Donnta Service is not directed to children under the age of 18. (In some countries, stricter age limits may apply. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 or under the applicable age limit (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, do not use the Service and do not provide any personal information to us. If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal information to Donnta, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you may request exercise of your applicable access, rectification, cancellation, and/or objection rights.
13.1 What are cookies and other technologies?A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you visit a website. The cookie will help website providers to recognise your device the next time you visit their website. There are other similar technologies such as pixel tags (transparent graphic images placed on a web page or in an email, which indicate that a page or email has been viewed), web bugs (similar to pixel tags), and web storage, which are used in desktop software or mobile devices.
There are also technologies such as mobile device identifiers and SDK integrations to help companies recognise your device when you return to an app or otherwise use a service.
|Essential Operational||These cookies are necessary to allow us to operate the Donnta Service as you have requested. For example, they let us recognise what type of subscriber you are and then provide you with services accordingly.|
|Performance / Analytics||We use these cookies to analyse how the Donnta Service is accessed, is used, or is performing. We use this information to maintain, operate, and continually improve the Donnta Service. We may also obtain information from our email newsletters, including whether you opened or forwarded a newsletter or clicked on any of its content. This information tells us about our newsletters’ effectiveness and helps us ensure that we’re delivering information that you find interesting.|
|Functional||These cookies let us operate certain functions of the Donnta Service in line with the choices you make. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the Donnta Service, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided, such as knowing your username, remembering how you have customised our services, and reminding you of content you have enjoyed.|
|Targeting / advertising||We use these cookies to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests. The information may also be used for frequency capping purposes (e.g., to ensure we do not display the same advertisement to you repeatedly) and to help us regulate the advertisements you receive and measure their effectiveness.|
|Donnta Ads||We work with web publishers, advertising networks, and service providers to deliver Donnta ads on other web sites and services. Cookies may be used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests on other web sites and services and to regulate the advertisements you receive and measure their effectiveness.|
13.3 Manage your cookie and other preferences
Please note that if you choose to block cookies, doing so may impair the Donnta Service or prevent certain elements of it from functioning.
To get the most out of your experience on the our website cookies should be enabled. Most web browsers are automatically set to accept cookies with the standard installation settings. If cookies are not set to work on your browser the result could mean the performance of this website will be affected and will also restrict your usage of this website which may mean you are unable to purchase items from us.
It is possible to check to see if cookies are enabled specifically for PCs by doing the following for each browser type;
Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0
Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window (use the cog icon in IE 9.0) and select 'Internet options'.
Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
13.4 More information
14. Who is the “Data Controller” of your Personal Information?Any personal information processed by www.donnta.com in connection with this Privacy Statement is controlled by us, which is therefore considered the “data controller” of your personal information under European Union and Irish data protection law. Our address is Donnta Skincare & Beauty, Menaton, Manorcunningham, Donegal, Ireland and you can contact us here.
15. How to get in touch with us and your right to complain to our supervisory authority?
If you have any questions about this policy please send them to the Data Protection Officer. The Data Protection Officer for www.donnta.com can be contacted at email@example.com or in writing to Data Protection Officer, Donnta Skincare and Beauty, Manorcunningham, Donegal, Ireland. We work hard to handle your information responsibly.
If you are unhappy about the way we do this please contact Donnta’s Protection Officer who will address your concerns. We hope that we will be able to resolve any concerns you may have.
However, you have a right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner at:
Data Protection Commissioner,